Location: London, UK
Working hours: full-time
MRAG is a leading environmental consultancy dedicated to the sustainable management of natural resources. We specialise in aquatic resources, in particular fisheries.
About this job
We are currently looking to fill a position for an experienced fisheries consultant to work on marine and freshwater fisheries and resource management projects. The post is based in central-London with opportunities for some overseas travel.
Demonstrating a keen interest in aquatic conservation and resource management, you will have a relevant post graduate qualification and more than five years’ experience. You will ideally have experience in consultancy at a senior level and be familiar with the full project cycle from tendering to project implementation. Enthusiasm and the ability to apply yourself flexibly to a variety of tasks both autonomously and within a team is required. Additional languages will be an advantage.
Required experience and skills include:
- A Master’s degree in marine biology, fisheries science or another relevant subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in fisheries and aquaculture sector.
- Taking responsibility for the full project cycle including an understanding of contractual and budgeting requirements.
- Prior experience of new business development.
- Experience of managing project teams.
- Excellent written, presentation and quantitative analytic skills, producing high quality outputs
- Wide experience geographically and on projects relating to fisheries and aquatic resource management.
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues (upwards and downwards) and with clients and project partners. Additional languages would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability to multitask, working on a number of projects often to tight deadlines.
If interested, please submit the following to email@example.com marked for the attention of Dr Robert Wakeford.
- A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, and you should include information on your current salary and notice period.
- The Consultant Registration form included on our website (http://www.mrag.co.uk/Jobs.htm)
- Your current CV including full contact details
- Examples of your writing skills (e.g. papers submitted, publically available project outputs)
- Referees that we may contact in due course
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name Cover Letter”, “your name CV” and “your name Writing Skills Example 1” etc. The subject of the email should read: Application for Fisheries Consultant.
Application closing date: The position will remain open until filled.